I Choose SA Day is back in 2018 – Saturday 27 October is your day to choose SA!
Celebrate everything great about South Australia. Purchase some delicious local produce, spend a day out in SA with family and friends or choose a local supplier. There are so many great ways to choose SA!
These choices make a difference to our state. Not only will you get a great product, you’ll also be supporting jobs in our state.
We’d love to see how you celebrate I Choose SA Day, so don’t forget to tag @brandsouthaustralia and use #ichoosesa and #ichoosesaday when posting on social media.
Here you can find all the ways to choose SA on I Choose SA Day. Stay tuned as we add more details to this page!
What’s happening on the day
- Cheesefest+FERMENT in Rymill Park: Cooking demonstrations, live music, local food and beverage tastings, I Choose SA Cheese Toastie stall & plenty more fun for the family
- Adelaide Central Market: Cooking demonstrations with Sprout Cooking School, live music, local food and beverage tastings and more
- Foodland: Head into any Foodland store to choose delicious SA produce
- Tony & Marks: Specials on SA brands and in-store grazing tables of local produce
- Plant 4 Bowden: Cooking demonstration with a chef from Jessie Spiby’s restaurant, My Grandma Ben
- Westfield Marion: Kids cooking classes, live music and face-painting
- Unley Shopping Centre: Market stalls from Dulwich Bakery, Cheesemonger, Feast Fine Foods, BWS, Wendy’s Sefarina & Eyes and Vision – there will be also be face-painting and a colouring competition! Additionally, Woolworths are holding specials on SA produce.
Other participating local businesses, retailers and SA supporters include:
- Coles, BWS, OTR, IGA Australia, National Pharmacies
Get your business involved!
Here are some of the ways that your business can get behind I Choose SA Day, and be connected to the great message of choosing local!
- Merchandise and branded collateral are available for purchase here
- Run a special offer on your product to celebrate
- Engage in social media on I Choose SA Day, using #ichoosesa #ichoosesaday
- Create activities to run in your store
- Keep us posted on what you have planned for the day so that we can share this too!
Which cheese toastie combo received your vote?
As part of our partnership with CheeseFest+FERMENT, we asked you to vote for your ultimate I Choose SA Cheese Toastie
And the winner is…. The Classic! Made with local ingredients, the toastie features Skara Smallgoods ham, La Casa Del, Formaggio Mozzarella & Spring Gully pickles.
You can come and try winning toastie at the I Choose SA Cheese Toastie stall at CheeseFest+FERMENT on 27 and 28 October.
Unley Shopping Centre are celebrating I Choose SA Day from 10:00am-4:00pm in the shopping centre atrium. There’s a small market celebration with plenty of tastings and special offers on South Australian produce!
Dulwich Bakery, Cheesemonger, Feast Fine Foods, BWS, Wendy’s, Sefarina and Eyes & Vision have market stalls – and additionally Woolworths have specials on SA produce too! There will be face-painting and colouring competitions for the kids, so head down to Unley Shopping Centre for a great family afternoon.
BWS are helping to celebrate what SA has to offer from the local distilleries, breweries and wineries – and trust us, there’s plenty to celebrate! Head to BWS on I Choose SA Day for in-store tastings across Adelaide.
Tea Tree Plaza:Barossa Valley Estate wine tasting – 1:00pm-4:00pm
Adelaide City: Riddoch Wine tasting, meet the wine maker – 2:00pm-5:00pm
Fulham Gardens: Cat Amongst the Pigeons wine tasting, meet the wine maker – 1:00pm-4:00pm
Unley: Red Hen Gin tasting, meet the distiller – 1:30pm-4:00pm
Strathalbyn: Bleasdale wine tasting – 3:00pm-6:00pm
North Adelaide: Mismatch & Hills Cider tasting – 3:00pm-6:00pm
Clare Valley: Claymore Wines tasting – TBA
Cumberland Park: Barossa Valley Estate wine tasting – 3:30pm-6.30pm
Stirling: Adelaide Hills Tasting Fair – Applewood Gin, 78 Degrees Gin, local wines, Hills Cider & Prancing Pony – 12:00pm-6:00pm
Launch of South Australia’s strawberry season on I Choose SA Day
To launch South Australia’s strawberry season, an auction will be held at the Adelaide Central Market on Saturday 27 October, I Choose SA Day
The South Australian Produce Market, in conjunction with Brand South Australia, PIRSA and the Adelaide Central Market are auctioning the first strawberries of the South Australian season, with money raised going to Variety Australia.
The auction will be held at the Adelaide Central Market at midday.
The South Australian strawberry season is set to commence in November with small volumes starting to appear at the South Australian Produce Market and on the shelves of independent retailers.
RAA Festival Passport at Cheesefest+FERMENT
Like the folks at CheeseFest, RAA are passionate about helping you experience the best that SA has to offer. They’ve teamed up with 10 of their favourite producers to help you get the most out of your time at CheeseFest + FERMENT.
To celebrate this love of all things SA RAA are offering you the chance to win a fantastic SA prize pack including food, beverages and vouchers PLUS a $250 SA Travel voucher – worth up to $815!
To enter, simply collect a stamp on the RAA Festival Passport Map from any 5 of the participating producers, fill out your details below and drop into one of the entry boxes located at the 10 producer stalls and the I Choose SA Travel photo booth.