I Choose SA Day is back in 2018 – Saturday 27 October is your day to choose SA!
Celebrate everything great about South Australia. Purchase some delicious local produce, spend a day out in SA with family and friends or choose a local supplier. There are so many great ways to choose SA!
These choices make a difference to our state. Not only will you get a great product, you’ll also be supporting jobs in our state.
We’d love to see how you celebrate I Choose SA Day, so don’t forget to tag @brandsouthaustralia and use #ichoosesa and #ichoosesaday when posting on social media.
Here you can find all the ways to choose SA on I Choose SA Day. Stay tuned as we add more details to this page!
What’s happening on the day
There are so many South Australian businesses to choose from, you’re really spoilt for choice. An easy option is to pop to your local supermarket and look for your favourite SA brands. You could also listen to some SA music, thanks to Music SA and their ‘Support Your Local’ playlist here.
If you want to make a whole day of it, we’ve got plenty of activities to choose from below!
Other participating local businesses, retailers and SA supporters include:
- Tony & Marks: Your local Tony & Marks will have grazing tables laden with SA produce! Taste all things SA, and get to know more about our local producers.
- Coles: Pick up your favourite SA brands in your local store
- IGA: Choose the many SA brands stocked in IGA across South Australia
- And many more!
I Choose SA Day at CheeseFest+FERMENT
CheeseFest+FERMENT will be showcasing some of the best food and wine SA has to offer on 27 and 28 October.
Be sure to taste an I Choose SA Cheese Toastie at the festival. Will you choose The Classic, The Buzz, Get Pickled or The CheeseFest? They’re all made with some of SA’s best ingredients, so you can’t go wrong!
With live music, exclusive cooking demonstrations, over twenty cheese producers, fifteen local beverage producers and twelve local restaurants on display – it’s the perfect way to celebrate I Choose SA Day.
I Choose SA Day at the Adelaide Central Market
The Adelaide Central Market is the home of fresh, local produce – what better place to celebrate I Choose SA Day?
Join Callum and Themis from Sprout Cooking School for their cooking demonstrations at 9am and 10:30am!
At 9am they’ll be preparing: kingfish crudo with buttermilk dressing & fennel salad, and lamb with tomato chutney & zucchini panzanella.
For the 10:30am demo, you can enjoy: spring asparagus, prosciutto & bocconcini salad, and roasted strawberry fool with pepita brittle
There’ll also be live local music and SA produce tastings for you to enjoy!
I Choose SA Day at Foodland!
Head into your local Foodland and choose from their great range of local produce. Join Bree May for cooking demonstrations at Foodland in McLaren Vale at 10:00am, and at Foodland Happy Valley at 1:00pm! Bree will be showing you some of her tips and tricks, and of course cooking with delicious SA produce.
I Choose SA Day Market Fair at the Unley Shopping Centre
Unley Shopping Centre are celebrating I Choose SA Day from 10:00am-4:00pm in the shopping centre atrium. There’s a small market celebration with plenty of tastings and special offers on South Australian produce!
Dulwich Bakery, Cheesemonger, Feast Fine Foods, BWS, Wendy’s, Sefarina and Eyes & Vision have market stalls – plus Woolworths are celebrating with specials on SA produce!
There will be face-painting and colouring competitions for the kids, so head down to Unley Shopping Centre for a great family day out.
SA’s strawberry season launch on I Choose SA Day
Join us on I Choose SA Day for a live auction, hosted by Anthony Toop. Place your bid on a tray of the season’s first strawberries and show your support for our local growers. All proceeds will go to Variety – the children’s charity of South Australia to help kids in need.
Don’t miss the midday live auction in the Adelaide Central Market Gouger Dining Area.
If you’re looking to purchase some of your own local strawberries, the SA strawberry season is set to commence in early November with small volumes already starting to appear at the SA Produce Market and on the shelves of independent retailers.
I Choose SA Day kids activities, at Westfield Marion!
On I Choose SA Day head to the food mall at Westfield Marion where kids can join in on cooking classes with Sprout Cooking School, have their faces painted and hear live local music!
Cooking classes will be held at 10:00am (ages 5-7) and 11:30am (ages 8-12), click here to book!
Make a toast to SA on I Choose SA Day!
BWS are showcasing our local distilleries, breweries and wineries – and trust us, there’s plenty to celebrate! Head to BWS on I Choose SA Day for in-store tastings across Adelaide.
- Tea Tree Plaza: Barossa Valley Estate wine tasting – 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Adelaide City: Riddoch Wine tasting, meet the wine maker – 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Mawson Lakes: Local SA Gin Tasting Fair – Barossa Distilling Co., Red Hen Gin, Never Never Distilling, Adelaide Hills Distillery, Prohibition Liquor – 12:00pm-5:00pm
- Unley: Red Hen Gin tasting, meet the distiller – 1:30pm-4:00pm
Scroll down for more!
- Strathalbyn: Bleasdale wine tasting – 3:00pm-6:00pm
- North Adelaide: Mismatch & Hills Cider tasting – 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Clare Valley: Paulett Wines tasting – 12:00pm-2:30pm & Claymore Wines tasting – 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Cumberland Park: Barossa Valley Estate wine tasting – 3:30pm-6.30pm
- Stirling: Adelaide Hills Tasting Fair – Applewood Gin, 78 Degrees Gin, local wines, Hills Cider & Prancing Pony – 12:00pm-6:00pm
- McLaren Vale: Taste of The Vale Tasting Fair – Settlers Spirits, Chapel Hill, Maxwells & Leconfield – 12:00pm-5.00pm
- Walkerville: 36Short Blood Orange Gin tasting – 2:00pm-5.00pm
- Goolwa: Blesdale Wine tasting – 12:00pm-2.00pm
- Eastwood: Jacobs Creek tasting: Double Barrel range – 12:00pm-3:00pm
- Rose Park: Jacobs Creek tasting: Double Barrel range – 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Marryatville: Jacobs Creek tasting: Double Barrel range – 12:00pm-3:00pm
Need a coffee hit? CIBO Espresso has you covered
Head to one of the 30 local CIBO Espresso stores on I Choose SA Day to celebrate and they will gift you a free coffee upgrade, to thank you for supporting their local suppliers.
RAA Festival Passport at Cheesefest+FERMENT
Like the folks at CheeseFest, RAA are passionate about helping you experience the best that SA has to offer. They’ve teamed up with 10 of their favourite producers to help you get the most out of your time at CheeseFest + FERMENT.
To celebrate this love of all things SA RAA are offering you the chance to win a fantastic SA prize pack including food, beverages and vouchers PLUS a $250 SA Travel voucher – worth up to $815!
To enter, simply collect a stamp on the RAA Festival Passport Map from any 5 of the participating producers, fill out your details below and drop into one of the entry boxes located at the 10 producer stalls and the I Choose SA Travel photo booth.
Celebrate I Choose SA Day at Plant 4 Bowden
Taylor Ball from Jessie Spiby’s restaurant, My Grandma Ben will host a cooking demonstration at 10.30am. If a strawberry breakfast cocktail, or a strawberry and thyme shortbread take your fancy, head along!
The Nova Casanova’s will also be there at 11am with some delicious local strawberries to give away!
Bracegirdles know how to treat the locals!
This Saturday is I Choose SA Day, and to celebrate Bracegirdles are giving away one of their solid milk Belgian Chocolates to the first 100 customers at each of our stores. That’s right, this Saturday you can get FREE chocolate! What’s not to love? See you at Bracegirdles this Saturday!
Choose SA on the road!
If you’re heading out for a day out in SA, make sure you pop in and choose from the many local brands stocked in OTR! Plus selected OTR stores will have iconic BALFOURS MINI FROG CAKES for one day only.
I Choose SA Day – Gins on the Deck!
To celebrate Official I Choose SA Day 2018 the Inglewood Inn has teamed up with Applewood Distillery to offer $10 APPLEWOOD GIN AND TONICS ALL DAY!
Enjoy a lazy afternoon on the deck with picturesque views of the Adelaide Hills, good vibes, a cheese board or two and many gins!
Support local on I Choose SA Day at The Makers & Shakers Market!
The Makers & Shakers Market is an indoor event that focuses on locally-handmade homewares and interiors, delicious gourmet foods and stunning lifestyle products. The event focus is on locally-made goods from some of Adelaide’s best makers. The market is indoors with around 50, top-notch stalls.
There will be coffee, woodfire pizza, baked goods and cookies! Greek sweets, vegan treats and many more tasty things. There will be gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian lunch options with indoor seating.
The stallholder line up includes: Kitty Came Home, Ettie Ink, Shannon O’Neil, The Woollen Earth, Dot Chocolate, Claire Ishino, Hello There Cheeky and many more!
Head to Vegan Festival Adelaide on I Choose SA Day!
The Festival is a family and pet friendly celebration and discussion of vegan life. A fun-filled atmosphere is fuelled by guest speakers, live music, cooking demonstrations, hands-on workshops, kids activities, and a diverse array of market stalls of vegan products, vegan food and beverages, animal rights groups, and vegan societies. Look out for the State Brand on stalls to help support the locals!
Other participating businesses include:
* Adelaide Zoo * Alma Tavern * Applewood Distillery * Arkaba Hotel * Charlesworth Nuts * Coles * Fassina Liquor Stores * Foodland * Gemma Vendetta Cosmetics * Hackney Hotel * Haigh’s Chocolates * IGA Supermarkets * Marion Hotel * National Pharmacies * On The Run (OTR) * Pick a Local, Pick SA! Independent Green Grocers * Port Lincoln Hotel * Pretoria Hotel * Royal Kensington Hotel * Rundle Mall * SA Farmers’ Markets * The FruChoc Shops * Tonsley Hotel * Tony & Mark’s * Torrens Arms Hotel * Vegan Festival Adelaide * Willow Point Cellar Door & Bottleshop * Woolworths
Get your business involved!
Here are some of the ways that your business can get behind I Choose SA Day, and be connected to the great message of choosing local!
- Merchandise and branded collateral are available for purchase here
- Run a special offer on your product to celebrate
- Engage in social media on I Choose SA Day, using #ichoosesa #ichoosesaday
- Create activities to run in your store
- Keep us posted on what you have planned for the day so that we can share this too!