We want all South Australian businesses to proudly wear the South Australian brandmark, even in a very small, subtle way. We’re not asking you to change your brand’s identity when using the state Brand, but to embrace its power to bring greater economic activity – and prosperity – to our state.
We believe the more people that use the State Brand, the faster we’ll draw recognition to our state. Before you add the State Brand or design elements to your business, make sure to get swift approval by sending an application to our team through our website.
If you’re still unsure about your application, feel free to contact the Brand South Australia team. We are more than happy to assist you.
Using the State Brand
Before you add the State Brand or design elements to your South Australian business, register online.
Businesses are eligible to use the State Brand if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- More than half of the inputs, ingredients or components of your product(s) or service(s) come from South Australia
- Your business or other headquarters are located in South Australia
- More than 30% of your business operations are in South Australia
- You can demonstrate to us a substantial relationship with the State of South Australia
The State Brand can be used across a range of materials and merchandise to support your business operations. Including:
- State Brand on print collateral: Use the State Brand as a graphic across printed collateral. The image contained within the brandmark is open to your imagination.
- State Brand on digital advertising: Whether you choose to use the State brandmark as a simple endorser of your brand, or the State Brand graphic border to further highlight that you are from South Australia.
- State Brand on print advertising: Use the State Brand in a subtle way or a significant way. The choice is yours.
- State Brand on banners: Pull up banners and trade stand banners are a vital part of promoting most brands. You can even hire them.
- State Brand on billboards: Simply add your logo and you’re promoting yourself as a South Australian company.
- State Brand on merchandise: The State brandmark can be applied to your merchandise or you can purchase merchandise through Shop South Australia.
- State Brand on tradeshow stands: If you’re keen to make a real impact at your next trade show, the State Brand can help you to stand out in the crowd.
- State Brand on signage: Getting your logo or the State Brand logo to work on signage is often tricky in long horizontal formats. We have examples that demonstrate how you could apply the brand in horizontal applications in our brand guidelines which is available to download below.
- State Brand on doorway sculptures: Using the doorway as a sculpture in public areas is an excellent way to promote your business and our state. Whether you use one doorway or several, we encourage the use of 3D applications. Doorways are also available for hire.
Once you have applied the State Brand to your artwork, please submit for approval prior to publishing. If you’re still unsure about your application, feel free to contact us. We are more than happy to assist you.